An Analysis of the Nature of Landscape Scale Pressures, and Processes and Approaches to Identify and Address These, Through Consultations with JNCC International Project Implementation Partners in South America, the UK Overseas Territories and Southern Africa
Invitation to tender: Reference C20-0307-1520
JNCC’s Overseas Territory and wider international project implementation work has several strategic objectives, including:
- Supporting UK Government policy for climate change mitigation in the Overseas Territories and developing countries, protecting and enhancing livelihoods and biodiversity through effective use of UK Government investments.
- Maximising the value of time and money invested in future work programmes through use of evidence from previous UK Government investment directed through JNCC, with a focus on areas of prior activity and success in use of tools and approaches in the Caribbean and Latin America, working at a wide range of latitudes, scales, social and cultural settings with Government, NGO, academic and private sectors partners.
The aim of this proposed project is for the contractor to undertake, and report on:
- An 'external' consultation process with a wide range of JNCC’s international partners in the Overseas Territories, South America (Chile, Peru, Colombia) and Southern Africa (South Africa, Namibia) where JNCC has implemented or proposed projects. The objectives of these 'external' consultations are to collate and categorise opinions on: (i) the nature of landscape scale environmental pressures; and (ii) what landscape-scale outcomes and positive impacts partner countries wish to achieve.
- An 'internal consultation with JNCC staff involved in project implementation overseas to identify and catalogue data types, staff and partner skills, 'Input', to JNCC international projects, and 'Outputs' generated such as tools, habitat maps, economic assessments, enhanced partner capacities.
What to do next
Potential bidders are invited to download the following documents and complete the acceptance form of our terms and conditions attached to the invitation to tender (ITT).
- Invitation to tender letter (Proforma form to complete)
- Annex A
- Instructions for tenderers (PS4a)
- General Terms and Conditions (PS6)
- Travel & Subsistence Rates – JNCC Contractors (PS12)
- Evidence Quality Assurance
- Date for return of tender: 29 January 2021 at 16:00hrs
- Proposed start date: w/c 5 February 2021
- Proposed end date: 31 March 2021