Each year we produce an annual review which gives an overview of the organisation and highlights our key achievements for the financial year.
Our highlights for the year ending 31 March 2018 included:
- Leading ground-breaking work on the use of earth observation data through the Defra Centre of Excellence, delivering a platform to provide users in government and beyond with cost effective access to analysis-ready satellite data.
- Making substantial progress in the development of a marine biodiversity monitoring programme for UK waters.
- Using specialist analytical skills to produce models of biodiversity occurance that are being used in tools to support natural capital based decision-making.
- Providing advice to Defra to support designation of a third tranche of Marine Conservation Zones in English waters and supporting all administrations in the development of management measures for offshore marine protected areas.
- Providing scientific leadership in the development of a suite of marine biodiversity indicators for the OSPAR Commission's Intermediate Assessment for the North-East Atlantic.