Each year we produce an annual review which gives an overview of the organisation and highlights our key achievements for the financial year. The Annual Review compliments our Annual Report and Accounts and gives an insight into how we work to implement our diverse programme of work to support UK and international nature conservation.
Highlights for the year ending 31 March 2019 included:
- Working with partner organisations to co-ordinate long-term species surveillance schemes in which data are captured by volunteer recorders.
- Undertaking marine biodiversity monitoring surveys with Cefas, Marine Scotland and the National Oceanography Centre to acquire monitoring data for offshore marine protected areas. We also made significant progress in developing an integrated marine biodiversity monitoring programme.
- Publishing the annual update of the UK Biodiversity Indicators, including assessments of 24 indicators and 50 component measures.
- Providing scientific advice to enable governments to complete a network of marine protected areas in UK waters.
- Advising public authorities on the regulation of offshore industry activities. We also provided scientific advice to the country nature conservation bodies on offshore renewables casework.
Previous Annual Reviews