The scheme aims to help employers make the most of the opportunities provided by employing disabled people. It is voluntary and has been developed by employers and disabled people’s representatives.
Being a Disability Confident Leader, we demonstrate our commitment to ensure disabled people are treated fairly and have access to the same opportunities as non-disabled people. We welcome disabled applicants for all roles across our company.
As a Disability Confident Leader, we commit to the following core activities:
- actively looking to attract and recruit disabled people;
- providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process;
- offering an interview to disabled people who meet the essential criteria for the job;
- being flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job;
- making reasonable adjustments as required;
- encouraging our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident;
- ensuring employees have sufficient disability equality awareness;
- promoting a culture of being Disability Confident;
- supporting employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions;
- ensuring there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff;
- ensuring managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work;
- valuing and listening to feedback from disabled staff; and
- reviewing our Disability Confident self-assessment.