Current contract opportunities
JNCC and Marine Scotland Science (MSS) have conducted a survey aboard MRV Scotia (1218S) to gather evidence to monitor Wyville Thomson Ridge (WTR) Special Area of Conversation (SAC) and inform assessment of condition of the designated features of the site. The primary survey objective, related to seabed imagery, was to acquire video and still images for the purposes of MPA feature monitoring. JNCC wishes to commission a contract to undertake the analysis of seabed imagery (still images and video) collected on the 1218S survey.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd August 2019
The project aims to review and assess the capacity of existing models and methods to produce integrated assessments of the status and health of marine ecosystems (in particular for habitats) to address multiple national and international environmental policy commitments and thereby streamlining marine ecosystem assessments. The suitability of these models to forecast and predict changes due to variations of environmental conditions or management practices will need to be assessed.
Closing Date: Wednesday 4th September 2019
Providing Goods and Services
We follow the main principle of utilising combined common contract areas within the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) as directed by the Efficiency and Reform Group within the Cabinet Office, and practiced by our parent department Defra and its associated executive agencies.
When a procurement opportunity arises we follow, where appropriate, a hierarchy of supplier contracting:
- If a Crown Commercial Service contract exists then we will use this method of sourcing a supplier, taking advantage of the increased savings to be made through aggregated commercial procurement arrangements for core common goods and services.
- If no CCS contract exists it is preferred to combine our spending power with other executive agencies as members of a collaborative framework group.
- If the above options are not available we will then conduct a tender exercise.
Contracts Finder is a free online service for finding public sector contract opportunities and viewing contract awards and contract documents. We are registered as a buyer and publish procurement opportunities through this service.
We are committed to the continuous improvement of our environmental performance, as part of our overall goal of implementing the principles of sustainable development in all areas of our work. Sustainable Procurement Policy 2007.
Terms and conditions of contract
The standard Terms and Conditions under which we let goods and services contracts are:
- General Terms and Conditions - PS6
- Special terms for goods - PS7
- Special supplementary terms for services - PS8
- Special supplementary terms for research and development - PS10
- Terms and conditions for small orders - PS11
- Travel & Subsistence Rates - JNCC Contractors - PS12
- Virus Policy - PS26
- Evidence Quality Assurance
Potential suppliers will be advised which set of terms and conditions apply at the point of invitation to tender.
Small and Medium size Enterprises (SMEs)
The Government set a target for 25% of central government spend to go through SMEs by 2015. We are committed, as part of the Defra network agencies, to support this and encourage SMEs to bid for our contracts.
Prompt Payment Policy
We are committed to paying our suppliers within 10 working days on submission of a valid and correctly presented invoice. For more information see prompt payment of suppliers.